1. 2 pieces of equal sized cloth
2. 2 sheets of newspaper
3. Some vaseline
4. A jug of water
5. A teaspoon.
1. We laid out our two pieces of cloth. We applied vaseline to one cloth and left the other dry.
2. We carefully placed our two cloths on newspaper.
3. We applied a small teaspoon of water on each cloth.
4. We waited for a few seconds.
5. When we lifted the cloths, the one without the vaseline had allowed the water to soak through to the newspaper and it was wet.
6. The cloth covered in vaseline kept the newspaper dry.
Result and Conclusion: The vaseline made the cloth water proof. The oil in the vaseline would not mix with the water so it would not let it through.
Vaseline was good at keeping it waterproof but it might be very slippy and greasy if we used it all the time!!